Digital Marketing (Online advertisement) do and don’t
Have you failed to achieve the desired result in any of your digital marketing campaign? The reason you failed woefully is because you did not have the right contacts or you targeted the wrong audience.
Digital marketing is a broad term but I want to narrow the article to the online media (Email marketing, mobile marketing (SMS), Display ads, Social media marketing and content marketing) on this part.
Advertisement in general requires proper planning and budgeting, in other to get the desired result . Clients are advised to plan long term campaign (s) like six months, one year or minimum of three months campaign.
Today because of the flexibility of digital marketing (Online advertisement) individuals and organizations no longer do a proper marketing campaign.
If you have failed to achieve the desired result in your digital marketing campaign you need to ask yourself the following questions.
- Did you plan the campaign properly?
- Was it handled by a competent marketing company?
- If it was handled by a competent advertising agency did you listen to their advice?
- If you managed the campaign yourself did you make research to ensure you are doing the right thing?
- Was the time right and was the period the campaign ran long enough?
- Was the right audience targeted or did you just cast the net into the ocean hoping to catch a big fish?
- Did you create a landing page and check to ensure the Landing page will convert before you started the campaign or did you just direct users to your website?
- Did you allot a reasonable amount of money to the campaign?
- Did the campaign run on the right platform where you can reach your target audience?
- What was the goal of the campaign, was it for awareness or conversion e.g. sales, registration etc.?
It is said that “if you fail to plan you will plan to fail” before you start any digital marketing campaign (Online advertisement) always ask yourself the ten questions above if you want to get the desired result.
Many believes that miracle happen online but it is not true, advertisement generally are expensive that is why only those who have money always win. Though online provide a level playing field since the SMEs cannot afford advert slots on the national newspapers, radio or television they can at least be present online.
To be continued